- Tourist Circuits
- Between Tucumán and Salta, an ancestral route
- Córdoba: roads with history
- Cosmopolitan Buenos Aires
- Iguazú: waterfalls, jungle and missions
- Ischigualasto and Talampaya: time sculptures
- Lakes and mountains in Patagonia
- Mendoza: vineyards and adventure
- Patagonian Great Glaciers
- Puerto Madryn: nature and culture
- The intensity of the Humahuaca Ravine
- Ushuaia: the end of the world
- World Heritage
- Latest updates
- Websites and Blogs
You haven't added any items to Your Trip.
1. Use the option "Add to My Trip" on articles and listings to add items to Your Trip.
2. Download Your Trip as a PDF document.
Ingresa tu mail para conservar los datos de tus cuadernos:
At the Southwest of the province of Santa Cruz, visitors are attracted by huge ice walls forming great part of the Patagonian Ice Field, the third largest ice concentration of the world, after the poles. Los Glaciares National Park lays on the shores of Argentino and Viedma lakes and it was declared Natural world Heritage by the UNESCO in 1981. It is a real everlasting ice kingdom with 350 glaciers. The largest one is the Upsala, 31 miles' long and almost 6 miles' wide, although the most imposing and famous is the Perito Moreno, superb and majestic, with a 3 miles' front and an altitude of 196 feet above the lake's level. As a consequence of their slow movement, its walls occasionally break and generate a unique show. At the Northern area of the Park, the Fitz Roy mount outstands for its height -11.072 f.a.s.l.- and its imposing presence. This glorious landscape is accompanied by thick Andean forests.
More to see
Perito Moreno Glacier: the ice thunder
With closed eyes, it is possible to hear the glacier’s harsh voice. In occasions, it is just a whisper; others, it calls from the deepness. Unpredictable.
Glaciarum: toast at the ice-world
A museum and ice bar, unique in its kind in Argentina, to learn about and celebrate the mysteries of the frozen Patagonia.
Sailing among glaciers
A trip to fill the soul with the imposing and breathtaking beauty of a frozen landscape, where the purest white of the ice shines on the dark blue of the lakes.
Trekking on the glacier
An unforgettable experience in the heart of a frozen world. To know –and admire- the artistic force with which nature creates fantastic landscapes.
El Chaltén, trekking capital
n the province of Santa Cruz, a mountain villa of stunning landscapes. The homeplace for free spirits.